THERMO KING LOW NOISE SOLUTIONS
Mention environmental pollution and most people think of air and water quality. But there’s another form of environmental pollution that’s right up there as one of the worst: noise. Noise is increasingly and rightly seen as a pollutant that needs to be monitored and managed, especially in heavily populated areas.
LOW NOISE TRANSPORT TEMPERATURE CONTROL UNITS
Thermo King has invested heavily in research and development to reduce the operating noise levels of our products – and especially those used to deliver temperature sensitive goods in urban areas. The results are clear to see – and hear.
NOISE MUFFLERS AND NOISE CONTAINMENT
Our conventional diesel-powered products employ specially designed components, such as mufflers, to reduce noise, plus containment technologies to prevent it escaping. Our WhisperTM Pro models use geo-fencing to detect noise-sensitive areas and are so smart that they automatically go into a ‘whisper quiet’ mode to make a delivery – and then resume their normal mode again on leaving.
LOW-NOISE BENEFITS FOR FLEET OPERATORS
The benefits of smart, low noise solutions are obvious for city dwellers. But there are also real and meaningful benefits for fleet operators with:
- 24/7 access to make urban deliveries, so increasing productivity and asset utilisation
- Full compliance with increasingly strict environmental regulations, including PIEK
- Automated detection of ‘low-noise areas’ eliminates need for operator intervention
- Increased driver comfort on the road and during rest-stops
- Positive public perception of your clearly branded vehicles.
REDUCING OPERATING NOISE TO CONVERSATIONAL LEVELS
The story doesn’t stop here, either. Anticipating future challenges for our customers, we have developed new technologies that reduce operating noise to levels similar to normal conversation.
Hybrid Drive, for example, gives operators:
- The convenience and familiarity of diesel operation
- Plus the ability to switch to super-quiet electric operation at any time, even while on the move.
Our CryoTech range uses recycled liquid carbon dioxide to provide:
- Near silent operation and zero exhaust emissions
- Outstanding cooling performance for product protection
- Rapid temperature recovery, essential for multi-drop deliveries
- Full 24/7 access to restricted urban zones for faster distribution cycles, lower costs and higher revenues.
Thermo King low noise solutions represent a quiet revolution.