3rd June 2019
Whenever there’s a big event in Europe focused on the transport industry, you can be sure Thermo King will be there to our market leading technologies in the spotlight. One such exhibition that certainly fits the bill is Transport Logistic, held 4-7 June in Munich, which Thermo King attended for the first time.
Described as the ‘leading trade fair for logistics, mobility, IT, and supply chain management’, this bi-annual event included:
- More than 115,000 square meters of exhibition space (including 9 halls)
- Over 60,000 visitors, and over 2,000 exhibitors
- A high quality conference program featuring 200+ experts
Talking intermodal solutions
As for Thermo King’s involvement, we were there with a stand that promoted the theme of ‘global cold chain management – whatever your mode of transport, we’ve got you covered’. This is topic that allowed us to detail our full range of road, rail, marine, and air solutions.
What’s more, we were able to engage an audience that:
- Is fully international, with visitors from over 120 countries
- Contains a unique concentration of global market leaders, fleet owners, and buyers
End-to-end cold chain
The intermodal theme is particularly relevant as within the exhibition there was also a second, separate event: Air Cargo Europe.
Seen as one of the international airfreight industry’s main calendar events, this was the ninth time it’s been run. While for Thermo King, it offered a further opportunity to demonstrate the breadth and scale of our customizable temperature control solutions.
Being part of the conversation
As with all major conferences we attend, Thermo King was at Transport Logistic to:
- Showcase our full product range and latest innovations
- Educate the market on what can be offered by our dealer network
- Start conversations that can be continued by dealers after the show
Another important reason for being there was to tap into key discussions being had across the logistics industry. As for what these are, a look at the agenda for the event helps highlight a number of topics, including:
- Truck driver and skills shortages in logistics
- Transport monitoring in pharmaceuticals
- The new silk road – opportunities for European firms
- City logistics – from electricity and gas to muscle power
Delegates who visited our stand were able to explore the Thermo King intermodal range. We also had a team on hand to show and tell, and to make the most of all the many networking opportunities.
In addition, there was also be the VR experience featuring Bob the trucker that attracted the crowds, complete with VR goggles as a give-away.
It was an exciting event, and one that certainly helped us get closer to customers and prospects. In addition, it presented an excellent opportunity for our Marine, Rail, and Air teams to share their stories – and there were certainly a big audience ready to listen!