Electric, Hybrid and Lower-Emission Diesel Solutions for the UK on show from Thermo King and Frigoblock
13th March 2019
Brussels, Belgium, Mar 13. 2019 – Transportation Solution businesses Thermo King and Frigoblock of Ingersoll Rand, a world leader in creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments, are coming to the CV Show in Birmingham, UK to present electrification, LEZ and EU-regulations ready portfolio of solutions that future-proof the urban and long-haul refrigerated fleets – from truck, trailer to home delivery vans.
Products presented at the booth 3B60 will show how both brands harness the power of electricity, data and clean technology and deliver solutions that today answer customers’ needs for future proof refrigerated transport.
“This CV Show, we will show our latest line-up of solutions, which meet the environmental sustainability objectives of customers and legislators determined to control exhaust emissions and limit noise in densely populated areas,“ said Pauli Johannesen, vice president and general manager for Truck, Trailer and Bus at Thermo King in Europe, Middle East and Africa. “We will also introduce the newest additions to our zero-emission, all electric and hybrid systems, including new, prototype technology, which we will showcase together with our customers from the retail and food service sectors.”
The 2019 CV Show highlights from Thermo King and Frigoblock will include:
- Truck and trailer, diesel-engine refrigerated units portfolio fully compliant with the latest European legislation including Non-Road Mobile Machinery (NRMM) Stage V regulation. All Thermo King truck and trailer refrigeration units feature upgraded, lower-emission GreenTech™ engines and are fully Stage V compliant with no compromise on performance or reliability.
- New, intelligent E-200 all-electric units for vans and trucks below 3,5 tonnes with performance independent from the vehicle and plug-and-play installation. New controller allows the refrigeration unit to adapt the capacity based on the actual need and available power. With the unit fitted with the optional TK battery, the controller manages different power sources at the same time, to get hold over capacity during stops for deliveries or breaks.
- Hybrid solutions combining the Thermo King diesel refrigeration units with Frigoblock alternator and inverter-drive technology to provide constant electric power and operation in electric mode. CV Show will see the global premiere of the UT–Series Hybrid prototype developed for under-mount applications on trucks, drawbar trailers and highloaders.
The truck hybrid solution follows the success of the Thermo King SLXi Hybrid trailer systems. The design features connectivity and geo-location technology, which automatically switches the power between diesel and electric mode as required or necessary, allowing the unit to operate in inner city low emission zones.
- New Prisma S-4.2 Remote Evaporator for Thermo King SLXi multi-temperature trailer refrigeration units to maximize the volume available for the payload and facilitate access during loading/unloading operations. The new compact monobloc evaporator can replace two evaporators without compromise on refrigeration performance thanks to a lower profile and improved zone flexibility.
- Connectivity and data driven aftermarket solutions. With connectivity and telematics capabilities built into the units, Thermo King goes beyond providing just a refrigerated unit. Connectivity improves customer uptime, operational efficiency and contribute to pro-active and predictive maintenance strategies.
CV Show 2019 Exhibition Details:
Stand Number: 3B60
When: April 30- May 2, 2019
Where: The NEC Birmingham, West Midlands B40 1NT, Birmingham, UK